Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My first tooth

Jakey lost his first tooth. Notice it isn't one of the center teeth, I thought that was odd, but Jake didn't care, he was thrilled! He told every new person that came over..."I have a wiggly tooth!" His teacher said he had his finger in his mouth ALL day wiggling that thing. From time to time it would start bleeding so she would send him to the bathroom and try to convince him not to touch it, but that wasn't happening! He got home from school and the wiggling continued into the night when all of the sudden...OUT IT CAME! He was so thrilled. What is it about the excitement of losing a tooth?
A little Kelli confession, when I was a kid I use to pretend I had lost a tooth or pretend it was loose. I would pretend to wiggle a tooth or put a wet tissue in my mouth like as if it were bleeding. I'd also make retainers out of paper clips...man, kids are weird!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...