Sunday, December 30, 2007

happy birthday jakey

For some reason Mike and I have had a hard time wrapping around our heads that Jake was turning 5 this year. We both could have sworn that he was already 5, but no we did the math he only turned 5 this year. He is just such a big boy, this year he really grew up. Minus the hot wheel through the window incident and eating the glow stick, he really has matured!
Jakey sporting his new Bumble Bee hat, Thanks Grandma!!!
Poor Jake having a birthday right after Christmas really sucks! He either gets his party 2-3 weeks after the fact or this last min thrown together party! This year it was the latter of the two. Jake in the past wasn't really old enough to really know when his birthday was. So half way through January was acceptable...but not any more. He's 5, he knows better! He was very disappointed on Sunday when all he got was a little gathering with grandma and Papa, a dessert pizza and a couple presents. His disappointment sparked a few calls to a couple of his friends to meet us at Chuck E. Cheese on Tuesday Morning. I ran to Toys R Us Monday to grab a few Transformer things, and the party was set. Tuesday morning came very early. We had a New Years Bash at our house the night before (I know, not the best planning) so Mike and I had a hard time getting out of bed. We did make it there in time with even 2 mins to spare. The kids had fun running around, they had the place to themselves. I think every one was still in bed, were I would have liked to have been. Jake I hope you had a good birthday, I love you little buddy...you are my favorite little 5 year old in the world. Your awesome!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...