Saturday, August 2, 2008

binky boy

I had Kaylee and Jake off the binky by 12 months...no problems. Then there is Spencer. some where I took a wrong turn and can't seem to get him away from that thing. His rule, and he is totally aware of it, is that he can only have it to go to bed. In the morning before I will take him out of his bed I ask him, "what about your binky?" and he will throw it on his pillow. Some times he needs another second to suck on it so I will leave him there while I get his clothes and then tell him, "if you want breakfast you have to spit it out!" and out it will usually come. Often times he does try to sneak his binky. It will be close enough to the side of his crib that he can reach it and he will come downstairs with binky in mouth, blanky in hand and smiling from ear to ear. I have out smarted him though, I have been putting his binky in the far corner of the bed so that he can't reach it (our previous spot, the window, is now out of the question. He figured out that If he dumps the diapers out of the trash can and turns it over he can climb up and reach it...smart little fellow!). The other morning after Spencer and I had breakfast we went upstairs to get ready and after I got dressed I went looking for him. He had pulled the stool from the bathroom into his room and somehow climbed into bed to get that darn binky and blanky....

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh mom! Let the boy have some fun! I love seeing the baby progress!

Papa-Yaya said...

Way to go Spencerdoodle!! You are one Smart cookie.

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...