This year I had great intentions (as I do every year) to make it to the pumpkin patch. But as October flew by so did our chance to go to the pumpkin patch. I have to say I am not the biggest fan of carving pumpkins. I even tried to get out of it. At dinner Monday night I told/asked the kids, "You guys really don't like carving pumpkins, they are all slimy and so you won't care if we pass on pumpkin carving this year, right?" I wasn't kidding nor was I trying to be funny, but I guess for my good mom status they thought I was and laughed. "OH, Mom!" So family night activity was a run to Fred Meyers to pick out a pumpkin from a very large cardboard box! Then we rushed home and carved those little things.Spencer just wanted a knife so he could make holes all over his pumpkin. Kaylee was very concentrated on making hers perfect (if you can blow up the pics you will see her tongue out...that means serious business)! And Dad tried really hard to do Jake's for him so it would look cool. And Jake was very insistent. He just wanted to do it, BY HIMSELF!!! Dad should have got his own...back off!!
No comments:
Post a Comment