Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake...

Today we celebrated Jake's birthday, he is 6 today. He woke up to a stack of pancakes with a candle and Kaylee and I singing to him! Then this afternoon we all went to see Bedtime Stories (totally worth watching). For dinner; Jake's favorite choice...McDonalds. I tried to convince him Olive Garden was the better choice but NO! He wanted his chicken nuggets with apple dippers (hold the dip) and orange soda. After dinner we came home and opened presents. And that was his day! I offered to take him to Cold Stones, nah he didn't want ice cream. I offered to make brownies (he doesn't like cake) nah he didn't want brownies. Silly kid! I hope he had a good day. He was a little disappointed he didn't have a party. I told him next year we wont do Disneyland, we'll have a party instead, nah he just wants both :)!
Well here is my tribute to my favorite little guy. There is just something about Jake, not sure what it is, but he just makes my heart melt. When I pick him up from Kindergarten, he smiles and always greets me with a hug. That is my favorite part of my day! He is a special kid, I think his heart fills his entire body.
Jake is very shy, he wont talk to anyone unless he knows you very well. Jake loves his toys, Lego's are currently the favorite thing! He loves to be with his best friend John and John's Wii :)! He loves his mom and always wants to sit by her at church, at dinner, at the movies, when we are watching TV...do you get the picture? He loves his dad too :) they have fun playing tackle and watching movies...Indiana Jones, any superhero or pixar movies are the usual picks. He loves his Kaylee. He and Kaylee are pretty good friends. They play well together and help one another out. Spencer on the other hand is a different story. They fight, he doesn't like Spencer in his room. Spencer has been know to destroy a few Lego creations or two in his time...so can you blame Jake? Really?
Happy Birthday Jakey, I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...