Thursday, January 22, 2009
great advice from one mom to the next!
Yesterday I sat around the house hopping a baby would come, took a couple naps, sat around some more...a very productive day yes I know!! Then this morning at 3:00 am (my new favorite hour to wake up at) I had an idea! I should make a bunch of meals and put them in the freezer. So at 5:30 when I was still awake, I got up and showered for the day and took a "nap" until 7:00 when I had to get the kids up for school. After I got them out the door, I took out all the meat I would need, defrosted and cooked it. I then made 2 pans of enchiladas, 2 chicken pot pies, stroganoff, a double batch of nana muffins and was going to make 2 pans of lasagna but realized I didn't have the cheese I needed...so that will have to wait. And I got it all done and in the freezer before noon. I think this is going to be my new way of cooking! It was so easy and I have little cleanup because I just kept using the same spoons, bowls and pans. I'm telling you, you all need to try this. Friday is my shopping day, and I think now Monday is going to be my cooking day! This was so easy!! Now for the next few weeks I have it made, i just need to supplement with easy stuff like taco night, pizza night, a few crock pot meals, roast...This was so worth 2 hours of my day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
4 comments:
well i guess i was wrong.. whats wrong with you, have contractions already!!!!
Hey Kelly,
You are an amazing lady. How much easier could you make it for MIKE.:) We wish you all the best!! Please let us know when the little one arrives.
email me your recipes for those meals and i will email you some of my favs too.... im in desperate need of something new!!! that is, unless your in labor..... but if your still not,please send them to me.
Kelli you're so cute! I like to do NOTHING the last week of pregnancy. I mean the last month. Hee. Good idea about making all the dinners ahead. I just wonder if I have the freezer space!! Can't wait to see photos of your new little girl! Also would you send me your address, so I can send you a little something. Wish I could come and take her newborn photos for you!!! She's sure to be an angel.
Post a Comment