Friday, April 2, 2010

the Papa Fund

All of us Bultez kids thought it would be nice if everyone could pitch in just a little bit to help pay for Dad's headstone. I wanted my kids to be able to pitch in too so they would always feel like they had some part in this as well. I sat them down one afternoon and explained that we needed to buy a headstone for Papa's grave. I explained that they cost a lot of money and so I thought it would be nice if we could help grandma pay for it. They, of course started off with, but we don't have very much money. I explained to them that whatever they had would help Grandma a lot. I had an idea and told them if they wanted to, I would give them some extra jobs around the house that they could earn money for. They brought me their penny banks and dumped it into a jar. Then I wrote down a list of things they could do and I told them they could have a dollar for every job they completed. They dusted, they cleaned toilets, they cleaned blinds, they cleaned windows, they organized the shoe shelf in the garage, they swept, they put Aubree's laundry away, they cleaned her room...my house was very clean for awhile!
Last week I had the kids bring it over to Grandma. I'm sorry we made you cry mom ;)...yeah I think she loved it and was grateful! I am grateful that they get to be a part of something so special and I hope they will always remember this. I was so proud of them. I love these little kids so much. I hope they know how great they are and how much they mean to me and how much they meant to their Papa!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Well!!! Aren't you going to reveal how much they earned?!!
Geez the suspense is killing me!
What good kids you have!
And what a great daughter your mom has!!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...