Saturday, September 18, 2010

Opportunities

At the beginning of summer Mike and I started a "marble jar" for each of the kids. When they do a job or something good they get to put a marble in their jar! When the jar is full, they get to have a date with mom or dad or they get $10. (When presented with this plan guess which option my kids picked...YEP, 10 Bucks!) They have a long list of things they can choose from...
Well the other night we were just coming home from somewhere and Mike yelled to Spencer, "Hey Spence, come inside and close the garage door." Spencey says, "Can't dad I'm putting away shoes. I want a marble!" So that job is putting all the shoes on the shoe shelf in the garage, then there is a crate for all the flip flops. Spencer yelled to me that he was done and here's what I find, shoes piled as high as they could go! None on the shelf, all in the flip flop bucket! I, of course, still gave him a marble. I was impressed that he saw a job opportunity and took it!! It's the effort that counts right? At least when your 4 it is!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...