Saturday, December 18, 2010

Edson Cheese



While trying to plan a baby shower, I ran across this really cute birthday party idea. They set their house up like Chuck E Cheese's. The kids played games around the house and they won tickets. At the end they got to go to the "prize booth" and buy prizes. I presented this idea to Jake and Kaylee as a combined birthday idea and they bought it...hook, line and sinker. The party soon became the Edson Cheese's Party!
The invites were sent out and included with them were 3 tickets to just get the kids curious, then the day came and the kids had a blast. We played bean bag toss, basketball, ball toss, bowling and whacked a pinata, and at the end all the kids counted their tickets and headed to the "prize booth" (aka the pool table). I think it was fun and it was kind of nice doing it together. I don't know if Kaylee and Jake will want to do it together again but I know they had a blast!
I just can't believe another year went by, Kaylee reached double digits and Jake made it to his 8th birthday, despite Mike's threats throughout the year (J/K Mikey)! Crazy! I can hardly even picture Jake as a baby any more, I just remember his Toy Story stage. Day after day after day he would watch that movie. I had to finally limit him to once a day, that was the rule and I had to stick to it. He would watch it on repeat if I would have let him! And he was so cute in his woody costume...my all time favorite picture of him is of him sitting on top of our dog daisy on the couch watching Toy Story...man he was adorable!! Kaylee I can still picture her as a baby, she was such a funny little girl, the things she would say and do. She's always had this kind of crazy personality that everyone loves! And now she's 10, and before I know it she will be a teenager and she will know everything! What a treat that will be!
I love you Kaylee!
I love you Jake!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...