Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shoe Diva


The other day we were out looking for new church shoes for Jake. Mike and I were helping Jake pull shoes out so he could try them on. I knew Aubree and Spencer were right there close by, but I was not really paying attention to what they were doing. When I finally looked back at Aubree she had both of her shoes taken off and she was attempting to put on these shiny high heels! I told her no, she cried, I put her non-shiny, non-sparkly crusty old pink crocs back on, she cried...
I got back to helping Jake and within 1 minute, Aubree had her shoes off and had moved on to this adorable sequined pink pair of shoes! Again, I told her no, she cried, I put her non-shiny, non-sparkly crusty old pink crocs back on, she cried...
I guess Spencer then took pity on her and whipped those non-shiny, non-sparkly crusty old pink crocs back off and proceeded to help her with some other princess looking shoes!
I let her just wear those ones until it was time to go, then I quickly took them off and as you can imagine I had to pull her away kicking and screaming...

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...