We had an awesome adventure this last week! We drove out to my brother Eric's house in Boise, spent the night, then
the following day we all headed up to Lake Payette. I think people were scrambling for their ear plugs when they they saw our two buses full of kids pull up. "This place was quit." Was crossing all of their minds I am sure. Yes we did change the quietness of the park. But what's camping without a few little kids running around? And they did do a lot of running around!! Jake and Kaylee had a blast playing with their cousins. They use to live in California with us and they got to be good friends there before we both moved. They have been missing them ever since. They played hard the entire time.
The first day we just set up camp and went swimming a little before we made our foil dinners and a few
dozen s'mores. When the kids ran out of big marshmallows the used the little ones we brought for hot chocolate. Can you say sugar high?
The second day we played in the lake, floated around in our blowup boat and rented Jet skies and that was a lot of fun. Kaylee and Ethan wimped out and wouldn't ride, Grace and Spencer were just too little, but Jake, William and Linnea had a blast and so did the moms and dads...Worth the 150 bucks you ask...I don't know! But I am sure you can all imagine what Mike is wanting to buy now. About an hour after we got home he and Eric were online looking at them. Surprised?
Oh I forgot to mention our hike and I us that term loosely. Some my have called it a little walk in the woods. The kids would have called the most annoying hour of their lives, the hardest hike they have ever been on, tiring, a waist of
time...need I go on? Spence enjoyed it though:)! Sadly he was the ONLY one.
Our last day we went up to some hot springs that were
near by and got eaten alive by horse flies. I now feel for horses, man those flies are relentless. They don't give up! Once we got pass the flies, it was fun. The pools were shallow enough that all the kids could touch. They had these big stairs leading into the pool, the first one only being about 6 inches deep so Spencer had a blast. On the way home all of the kids crashed, Jake was asleep before we even got on the road, we finally wore them out. We spent another couple days in Boise before we headed back to Portland. Overall this was an awesome trip.
.JPG)
The first day we just set up camp and went swimming a little before we made our foil dinners and a few
The second day we played in the lake, floated around in our blowup boat and rented Jet skies and that was a lot of fun. Kaylee and Ethan wimped out and wouldn't ride, Grace and Spencer were just too little, but Jake, William and Linnea had a blast and so did the moms and dads...Worth the 150 bucks you ask...I don't know! But I am sure you can all imagine what Mike is wanting to buy now. About an hour after we got home he and Eric were online looking at them. Surprised?
Oh I forgot to mention our hike and I us that term loosely. Some my have called it a little walk in the woods. The kids would have called the most annoying hour of their lives, the hardest hike they have ever been on, tiring, a waist of
Our last day we went up to some hot springs that were
near by and got eaten alive by horse flies. I now feel for horses, man those flies are relentless. They don't give up! Once we got pass the flies, it was fun. The pools were shallow enough that all the kids could touch. They had these big stairs leading into the pool, the first one only being about 6 inches deep so Spencer had a blast. On the way home all of the kids crashed, Jake was asleep before we even got on the road, we finally wore them out. We spent another couple days in Boise before we headed back to Portland. Overall this was an awesome trip.
1 comment:
Sounds like tons of fun! You can never have enough smores! Yum.
Post a Comment