I remember when Kaylee was little and she would want to go to the park and it
.JPG)
was such the
dreaded task. I would scramble for some ones number that could meet me there or look for that darn Ensign, just maybe I could get caught up. The park was so boring to me. While I was there I could think of a million things I could do at home, I could finish those last two pages of Kaylee's scrapbook, I could get those toilets
scrubbed, laundry folded. But of course if I didn't take her then I'd feel guilty.
Well three kids later and the kids ask if they can go to the park and I am
DELIGHTED!! Delighted because A- They are playing
outside, which means Jake isn't pulling out puzzles and Kaylee isn't bring down her tea set and all her babies and having a tea party on the kitchen table while
dripping water all over the hall way from the bathroom sink to the table (she can't reach the
kitchen sink you know...), no
Lego's and dress ups being
spread across the entire house...you get the idea. B-they are eating snacks outside...once again less mess for me! C (the best part of all)- I get to sit there
.JPG)
and do nothing! I don't have to think about dirty bathrooms or laundry (and yeah I have forgotten long ago about those
scrape books, I think that is what retirement will be for). I just bring a big blanket and lay there while Kay and J play house or pretend they are
monkeys or my favorite is this game that involves a stick of "powers"and Spence climbs all over me while I am half asleep and everyone is happy!! I have to say this past trip to the park was my favorite. J and Kay laid
on the blanket with me and cloud watched. The clouds were big and puffy, the best kind if yo
.JPG)
u ask me, and they were moving fast so changing form quickly. Jake saw a lot of transformers (go figure) I can't remember all of their names right now, we saw Donkey's babies (
Shrek), and of course all the
usuals like puppies, hearts, flowers...
I am
surprised it took me three kids to realize how great the park can be.
1 comment:
I totally agree! The park is a great place to go on afternoons when the kids are driving you bonkers! Your kids are so looking so cute!
Post a Comment