Since Mike and I have been married we have moved 10 times. So being in this house now for almost 2 years is a bit unusual and I am getting a bit bored of these same walls. As a result I think I have contracted the redecorating bug!! Well conveniently Ikea just moved to town. My friend and I spent a few hours there the week it opened and found lots of good stuff. I had new plans for my family room, I was going to paint and change everything so my almost 2 year old house would feel new all over again!
![]()
Well sleep deprivation and redecorating always go hand in hand for me. I can't sleep at night cuz I think of all the things I could get done while the kids are sleeping then I wake up early with the same thoughts in my head. Well lucky for the new project and unlucky for my body, I have a new 6:05 wake-up call. It's called Uncle Tim. He is living with us right now and works graveyards and walks in the door shortly after 6:00. Well I don't think I ever heard him come home prior to Ikea coming to town, but for some reason every morning I hear him come in and the wheels start turning. Well the other morning Tim came home and yeah I was determined to get the family room painted before the kids woke up so I popped right out of bed and started to paint. When of course little Kaylee decided to wake up early and was downstairs asking to help before I even really got started. Then before I even got the paint brush in her hand here comes little Jake too, "I want to paint, that's no fair Kaylee gets to!" Well 6 hands are faster then 2 right? Even if they are little hands and they don't move very fast, that is still less I have to paint...So you would think! Jake made a mess and kept dripping on the base boards. I finally called it quits and made them paint on paper instead.
Once I finally finished painting the wall, I began to clean up Jake's base board mess, well have you ever read the book, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" well I relate to that little mouse very well. Not only are all my base boards looking good, so are the kids walls and so are the window seals. And I actually thought four extra little hands could save me time! What the heck was I thinking?!!
Friday, August 3, 2007
Lil' Helpin' Hands
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...

2 comments:
Sounds like a big project, you always were a good decorator. You are such a nice mom to let the kids help you paint, I don't think I am that patient!!
Send them to my house, I need all the walls painted!! Besides, I miss you guys.
Post a Comment