Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Check That One Off My List

For a long time now I have been wanting to check out the natural wonder of Crater Lake. Now that we are just a few hours from it I finally got to check it's awesome wonder out!!! It is maybe one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, absolutely gorgeous!! It looks so inviting the blue color that it is, but I was informed it is ice cold!! You can't really get down to the lake. You are at the top of this mountain range looking down into the lake. I guess the lake is only open a couple months out of the year because they get so much snow up there and then the lake is a product of all the snow melting. Well I was impressed anyway, and the 172 pictures that I took should be proof of that.
Because it is a bit of a drive away we made a week long (Jamie I know you think I am crazy...I've read your blog!) camping adventure out of it!! We camped near by at Diamond Lake then the kids could at least swim which is one of their favorite things to do. Heck Jake didn't even wait to get his swim suit on, we got there and there went Jake in the lake. It's like he was just drawn to it...well that's Jake for ya. Kaylee on the other hand is always very cautious, she will play by the shore, slowly making her way into the water and when she gets about knee deep she is far enough. She loves her sand castles, she makes them for the mermaids and princess aka (when camping) sticks, rocks, straws or whatever else she can find on shore to add to her game.
We had a blast camping though, we went with our friends the Shultz' and left little Spencey at home with Grandma (thanks Grandma!!) We figured Spence wouldn't enjoy the trip all that much so to keep him clean and warm we left him home!! It did make it a little easier on me. We went fishing (well, OK I didn't), made time for ice cream, did a bike riding (and I had a nice bike accident...still healing), made lots of s'mores (call the dentist...sugar overload), took tons of picture (check out my Picasa Album), ate a ton (thanks to Boni) and had a blast despite the dirt and 74 bug bites (that's combined between the 8 of us). And yeah 4 out of the 8 of us had to go to the Dr when we got home because of various reason, but only 2 of us had to take antibiotics, so it's all good right...good times?!!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...