
Not all people can fly by the seat of their pants and be called sane...But some how

it is something Mike has been able to pull off lately. We decided in a split second to take the kids to Hawaii a couple weeks ago. We got a last min steal of a deal so why the heck not? We had a blast and the kids loved it. A beach that they could actually swim at. They could build sand castles in their swimsuit instead of their swimsuit cover by a sweatshirt and long pants. Jake found his new favorite sport...boogie boarding, we had a blast. We decided to rent one and a surf board while we were there to catch some Hawaii surf. It

was fun!! We did a couple long scenic drives, but thankfully we had a DVD player in our rental care, so we swung by good ol' Wal-Mart (yes even Hawaii has Wal-Mart) and bought a few DVDs.

Those were very helpful. Maui was made up of two volcanoes, this is one of them, we are at 10,000 feet, it was only 50 some degrees up there...burr from the 85 that we were just in an hour ago. But it is so pretty up there, you are up above the clouds and that is the ocean that you see behind me, you feel like you are on top of the world. It is impressive. Were the kids impressed you ask, yeah that's a big NO!! We just had a blast and loved every day there. While we were there Maui PD was advertising like crazy that they were hiring, so that of course peaked Mike's interest and he did pick up a real estate magazine...well I don't think we will be moving

any time soon. We also celebrated Spencer's first birthday there, we took him to a Luau. That was fun...I guess. I think maybe we happen to pick the not so hot one but oh well, he did have fun. But the rest of our days were spent, of course, swimming.

We would hit the beach until dinner then eat and hit the pool. In fact we swam so much that I think Kaylee and Jake can swim now!! They went from not being able to get their faces wet to having contest of who can hold there breath under water the

longest. But only with their goggles on. I guess it's like Dumbo and his feather. Because without the goggles they couldn't hold their breath under water...I guess whatever works huh?!! Well now school is in and our feet will be planted here for awhile. I hope the kids still remember this some day, because me and Mike always will...

1 comment:
Kelli I'm so jealous it sounds like all of you had such a great time!!! A warm sunny beach...imagine that!
Post a Comment