Welcome back to the world of alarm clocks. I don't think I have had to use an alarm clock in the past 7 years, since Kaylee was born. I had to have Mike help me set it, I wasn't quite sure how to use the thing. I had to set it though I was afraid I wouldn't wake up on time to get Kaylee off to school. I have the alarm set to radio and last week apparently the volume was turned all the way down so it didn't wake me up. What finally woke me up was a stupid telemarketer that makes their daily call at 8 AM. OK I was grateful for their wake up call, but only this once. See Kaylee starts school at 7:55, so yeah she was a little late!! I felt a little dumb calling the school to excuse her tardiness, because they of course asked why she was late.
Kaylee seems to be making new friends and having a good time at school. She does really miss her Kindergarten teacher though. Everyday after school she has to find her and give her a big hug before we leave. Last year I think she was the only student that
hugged her every day before we left. I noticed that she doesn't hug her new teacher, but she reassured me that she does like her new teacher too. I think she is doing fine with the full day thing, I thought it would be hard on me, but it's actually a nice break from Kaylee and Jake's bickering. I think over the summer they just got a little sick of each other. They have been playing very nicely since school has been back in!! Jake started pre-school last week and he loves it just as much as last year. On Tuesday it was a little strange, Kaylee and Jake were both gone at school so it was just me and Spence, I actually got to sit on the couch with him and read books and then we played games together. I can honestly say that is the first uninterrupted hour I have ever spent with him...and he's one. That is sad!! Last year Jake and Kaylee's school only overlapped by an hour and that was usually spent trying to cram in a couple of errands. I had so much fun with Spencer he is such an angel baby and it makes me a little sad that I don't get much time with him. Now that Jake is in school,
Tuesdays and Thursdays can be Mommy and Spencey days. Who wouldn't want to spend all the time in the world with this little face?!!
No comments:
Post a Comment