Sunday, October 21, 2007

ooo i wanna take ya

One of my most favorite places to stay in Oregon is Depot Bay. Last summer this was our hot stop I think we came out here 3 or 4 times. We usually just stay for a couple nights and the kids have a blast. No matter what room you get here you have an awesome view of the ocean, see the most beautiful sunsets and not matter the time of year you will always see whales. We even found a good little beach that is in a cove which means minimal Oregon coast wind!! And that is good news, that means you can actually loose that sweatshirt over your swimsuit. I guess those are all the things that make it our favorite Oregon destination. The kids had a couple days off school so we decided to drive out there last week and it was beautiful. We even went to the beach for a bit one day, the kids had fun but of course just really wanted to go back to the condo to go swim in the dang pool. I swear that is all they care about, lets get a pool in our backyard and stop going places, I think in a few years the costs will even out!!
Here is Jake and Dad pondering the wonders of the ocean...Spencer is testing things out, he remembers this sand stuff from Hawaii, but he doesn't remember it being cold and wet...Here is the crew at downtown Depot Bay, show me those muscles...
Kaylee is always good about reminding us that the sunset is coming, here she is awaiting the beautiful event...
and there it goes...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like your blog's new look and I love the photos on the side! I haven't heard of the place you are talking about but it sounds like Jason and me and the kids need to go on a trip there!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...