Friday, November 2, 2007

give me something good to eat...

I have been so busy lately that my poor blog has been neglected! I haven't written about all our wonderful Halloween events that I am sure you are all dieing to hear about, I am sure the world has been on the edge of their seats...So let me break it down for ya...Friday night our friends came over for dinner and we carved our wonderful pumpkins.

For whatever reason after the kids were done carving them we had to paint them. I don't know if it was some relapse from their earlier childhood? When they were little and were unable to take out their own pumpkin guts, we just painted our pumpkins.

I know, I know very untraditional of me! But Mike and I were not a big enough fans of pumpkin carving to want to carve theirs for them. So...easy solution, have them paint them. They thought it was great, OK and so did I! But they are old enough now and love to carve them. They put their faces on, Dad helped with the cutting and then out came the painting.

And here are our finished beauties. This is a week after the fact, and yet still beauties!!

Then on Saturday was the block party. The kids had a blast, tons of food, a lot of it containing sugar, a treasure hunt, crafts etc. The kids loved it, even Spencer had a blast and here is a short clip to prove it. This went on for some time. Apparently he is a big fan of Chinese yoyos (? that's what the kids were calling them, I don't know).


And you will notice if you spent Kaylee's first Halloween with us, yes same little pumpkin, or if you spent Jake's first Halloween with us again same pumpkin. The only difference is this is Spencey's second Halloween. And I think he may have done this costume in. Only a load of laundry will tell. For a good portion of Halloween night Spence spent chasing around this pumpkin. Grandma gave it to him to play with and over and over he would throw it and then chase it, throw it and then chase it...


After this little party we hit the streets, the best part for everyone. The kids love to trick or treat, and I still haven't figured out just why it is so fun! Yeah they get candy but is that really all that fun?! They just ran from house to house with so much excitement like there is going to be some surprise just around the corner. It is so fun to watch The Little Mermaid and Optimus Prime hard at work! They of course got more candy then they know what do do with and with mom's sweet tooth, here comes the holiday hips! Oh joy!! Yesterdays breakfast consisted of a Twinkie (yeah I had the same thought, who passes out Twinkies?) and a handful of candy bars. Maybe not the best choice I know, but I didn't let the kids see me eating candy for breakfast...

(to get the full effect of Spencer's screaming video, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page to pause the music real quick)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your little Optimus Prime!!! And Kaylee's little mermaid is darling! I knew that little pumpkin costume was familiar. So So cute! Don't even get me started on Holiday hips--let's just diet it off in January!!

Unknown said...

Hey--- how did you do your really cool heading??? Share your blogging secrets!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...