Sunday, November 18, 2007
a penny for your thoughts...
Last year Kaylee came home with a note from the school nurse saying she may need to have her eyes checked. Well we dismissed the note; it's Kindergarten, you don't need glasses to color. Then this year when she came home with the same note from the school nurse I decided it was time! Mom and Dad both wear glasses, it's inevitable...Some geniuses from work told Mike to go to an ophthalmologist who is an MD as apposed to an optometrist, then the exam would be a Doctor visit and $10 copay and not come out of our $200 vision allotment. Well thrifty Kelli, who always wants to save a penny or two thought what a great idea, how ingenious is that!! So we also got a referral from work about a great eye Doctor in town so we went there. Her vision is at 20/40, not bad the Doctor said she didn't need to wear glasses but if she wanted to...then fine. Well we have out smarted the system, we only paid 10 bucks for this eye exam so I have $200 to spend on glasses and Kaylee wanted glasses so what the heck, why not!! We go look at their glasses Kaylee finds the dream pair and I take them up there and she says that will be $376.00. I did one of those double take thingies and some quick math ok 376 - 200 my insurance will give me that's still $176...I don't think so. I told the lady never mind and broke Kaylee's heart in the process!! Poor girl, she has a cheap mom, I am sorry Kaylee. I then took her to another place and she found some very cute Hanna Montana glasses that again she was very excited about! There was a sign up that said "frames $55" ok hold your breath while I ask if these ones fall under that sale, well to me and Kaylee's delight they did, they really were only $55, well ok plus the $65 for the lenses and then a $15 warranty. We are doing great, I am totally ok with her not really needing glasses but wanting them, because I have out smarted the system mind you, so these will be free, right?! WRONG!! Apparently this person from work had no idea what they were talking about and apparently they sent me to the most expensive eye place in town and apparently I had only 27 bucks left in Kaylee's "vision bank". So these "free" glasses that, let me remind you, she doesn't really need cost me one hundred and eight bucks!! Ouch, so much for free glasses and so much for out smarting the insurance companies, I should have known, they are smarter than that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...


1 comment:
That stinks! But Kaylee sure does look cute in her glasses!
Post a Comment