Saturday, December 1, 2007

rule breakin', craft makin', christmas celebratin',

I wanted to plan a fun Christmas afternoon for the kids, but this involved having to break a few rules.

#1 rule that was broken: Taking the kids to McDonalds for an afternoon outing. But see Santa's helpers were having story time at McDonalds, who doesn't love story time with some all time loved characters?


#2 rule that was broken: Never allow our kids (dad speaking) to play in a fast food indoor playland!!! (He's a germ-a-phob). But how could I stop them, I wanted an afternoon of Christmas fun!


#3 rule that was broken: Never allow kids to eat their dessert before lunch. Santa's Helpers were passing out ice cream...what do ya do? It even had rainbow sprinkles on it!
They had a great afternoon, sometimes you just have to break the rules. They made crafts, had lunch with Santa's Helpers and they even both won a new book, what's not great about all of that!?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Who would guess a McDonald playland would be so much fun, but it looks like you all had a great time! We just got your christmas card and your family looks so cute, not to mention you look great! What a hot mama

Heather said...

Good for you! Sometimes I find myself standing on principle and forget about the big picture. There are some days that I am just so tired of saying 'no', I have to remind myself to focus on what is really important and let other stuff go. What's the real harm in having the occasional dessert before lunch? Sounds like it made for a great afternoon with the kids, and that's what it all about! I think you're a great mom!

Erin said...

Way to break the rules in the name of fun, seriously. I think Christmas gives us extra license to break all kinds of rules. Not only do I eat dessert before lunch, I eat dessert FOR lunch. Somebody's got to polish off all the Christmas goodies around here!
By the way, I hope you didn't feel pressured into going private on your blog b/c of my post...I don't mean to be (as my kids say ALL the time) a bossy boots. I for one will still visit with the same frequency!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...