Thursday, January 3, 2008

bazooka gum

As I finished my blog last night (at midnight), real quick I decided to check my email. In there was an email asking me to write a little snippet for the Relief Society newsletter and she needed it ASAP. I couldn't think of anything to write about. Then after reading my friends blog about a positive attitude for 2008, I cheated and stole some of her thoughts :), thanks Heather. I decided to add it to my blog seeing how this is also acting as my journal (others wise my life will not be documented at all). so here it goes...


As I reflect on this year I can't help but to think of new beginnings, starting over or at least starting fresh. That is the wonderful thing about a new year, we can make new goals. Goals to eat healthier, spend less money or read more books. As all of these are great goals, one I think we should add to our list is to Have a Positive Attitude.As I kid I loved Bazooka gum. There was always a little comic printed on the inside of the wrapper and on the side of that was always your fortune. One fortune that I got and will never forget, was "Never underestimate the power of positive thinking". I have reflected on this Bazooka Gum wrapper many times. I wouldn't necessarily call it a fortune as much as I would call it GREAT advise! When I have been in a tough spot I have remembered this advise.A positive attitude, can not only bless your life but the people that you come in contact with daily. With this new positive attitude you can acquire more love for yourself and for others. I know that it can bring more happiness and more blessings. A positive attitude may seem like a little thing but really if you think about it, it will help you to become more like our Savior and isn't that really our ultimate goal? To be more like Him and to grow closer to Him? As we go through 2008 I hope that we can all strengthen each other with our love for each other and for our Savior. I am grateful for my testimony of this gospel, that I know my Savior lives and through him I can live with my family for eternity. I am grateful for the peace and the strength that the Church of Jesus Christ gives me. I feel lucky to be a part of it and a part of the Willamette Falls Ward family. May we all go into 2008 with as much grace and positive attitude as we can muster up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelli looks like you guys had a great Christmas, and I LOVE your family pictures.. so cute!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...