Saturday, January 19, 2008
no boys allowed!!
Kaylee and I got some girl time this week and it was very fun! It started out on Wednesday, I picked her up from school and we went to Blockbuster to pick out a "girl" movie. She wanted Barbies Diary and batted her eyes a few times to get another movie out of me, 12 Dancing Princesses. After we got our movies we took them home and she wanted to watch them right away!! We finished them just in time for dinner. Kaylee's request was Izzy's. Those of you that live in the great Northwest and have experienced Izzy's, you will know that it is NOT a treat! But to Kaylee it is very cool, "you only pay one time and you can keeping getting more food, as much as you can eat!!!" she says. She is very excited about this concept apparently. We choked down our $15.65 dinner and headed home. Kaylee, I guess didn't get enough Barbie in and wanted to watch one of her movies again. Which was good because I had a presidency meeting at the house. After my meeting, we did our nails and I made her take a bath. She did not see that as a fun Mom and Kaylee thing to do...
but she was dirty! The lucky girl got to even sleep in my bed, which I think for Kay was the best part! I thought it was going to be the worst but I guess her major bed hogging days are over. I only woke up once with her head on my belly. The next morning the alarm went off at 7, we got up and got ready for school. She had a field trip that I had signed up to chaperon, so I went to school and hung out with her while they got ready for the day. Then we were off to Portland to see "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse". I hadn't read any of the Lilly books, she is quite the character! We LOVED the play!! And the bus ride home was fun too. It was then that I realized maybe I am a better mom than I thought I was! Me and all the kids in my general area played 'I'm thinking of a number' and 'I'm thinking of a letter'. You know, all the 'trying to pass time' games. It was then that I felt pretty good about myself. I said, "I am thinking of a letter and it is in the work truck" the first two kids guessed L and M and here is Kaylee, just spelling the word to guess it...T? R? U? K? OK she didn't guess the c but come on that's a tricky one.
And the game continued in this fashion, there was a lot of, "no silly there is no P in TRAIN sound it out!" I was trying to be nice! In the number game they'd guess 20 and I'd say the number is bigger than 20 and they'd say 15! Anyway...We got back to the school and it was time for lunch but I couldn't stay. I had to pick Spencer up from the babysitter so he could take a nap. She was very disappointed that our date had to end there. She knew when she got home from school the smelly boys would be back too and she wouldn't have mommy all to herself! It was fun just spending the time with Kaylee we don't get to do that very often, but when we do it is fun. I have to get all the time in now, while she still thinks I'm cool. I know if wont be much longer!! Here is Kaylee showing off her nails on the bus. She wanted them all different shades of pink, such a girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
No comments:
Post a Comment