I just wanted to take a moment to thank Dish Network. I just wanted to say thanks for putting the NFL Network in your line up of 200+ useless channels! I have now found a purpose for a channel that is football 24/7.
See, Spencer has this new obsession. Not sure were it came from. Nobody in this family has it or even in the extended family really. He loves football. You turn on a football game and suddenly his attention goes straight to the TV. Mike's interested in it enough to turn on ESPN from time to time to check scores, but really his heart has and always will belong to baseball. We just discovered this over Christmas break, Mike did just that, turned on ESPN to check some scores and there it was manifested to us that Spenc loves football. His squeals of delight, and grunts of approval are enough to make a grown man wet his pants.
The other night he woke up just screaming and so upset I couldn't get him to calm down. I tried rubbing his back, playing with his hair rubbing behind his ears...all the things he usually loves and nothing was working. So I decided to put it to the test. I took him down stairs and turned on this 24/7 football network and what do you know, there was a game on! He wouldn't open his eyes or stop crying long enough to hear that a game was on...but he had to stop for a breath at some point I figured. He finally paused for a second to take a deep breath and started up again, then suddenly stopped mid cry, turned and finally opened his eyes and to his delight...it was football. That crying turned to squeals of delight, and grunts of approval in a split second! Just like that, it's as if some one just flipped a switch.
It is too funny, if I get a video of him watching a game, I will have to post it. He also gets this way when we are playing pool. Whenever the balls make contact, he does his little grunting, ah...haaa making two fists and bringing them to his shoulders as if to say, "YES!" Then he turns to you and flashes his smile as if to say, "wow did you see that?!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
1 comment:
Wow, this will bring a tear to my husband's eye! I'm willing to bet his Mom had similar experiences with him as a child. Good thing he hasn't discovered any such channel on our cable lineup!
Post a Comment