Friday, February 1, 2008

ear wax or styrofoam ball

As I mentioned in my last entry we all got sick in Leavenworth. Well we all started to feel better except Jake and Dad. I decided to take them to the doctor to see what was up. Well upon looking in Jake's ears the doctor noticed some fortune object in his ear. She couldn't tell if it was a large ball of wax or something with wax over it. Jake of course said he didn't put anything in his ear. She decided to not mess with it and told me to come back when he was feeling better. I found this all very funny, but I guess Mike didn't and he couldn't believe that I didn't make her get it out. When we got home he ran to the store to buy a few ear washing items, which were a waste of money...they didn't work. After grilling Jake for a few minuets we finally got it out of him. He said he put a little Styrofoam ball in his ear one day when he was making "snow" in his room. Well I distinctively remember that day :). Which meant this little thing had been in his ear for almost 2 months! Yeah for 2 months this thing has been obstructing his ear canal and we had no idea! The next day I called the doctor, told her I got a confession out of him and told her it was a styrofoam ball. She didn't want to take it out while he was sick, but it was driving us crazy now that we knew it was in there, so we called a different doctor. Jake was so mad and didn't want to be there. In the waiting room he kept saying, "I don't want to stupid be here! I don't like the stupid doctors! Lets come back tomorrow, I'm leaving the stupid place." See he knows I don't like that word so maybe if he used it enough I would get mad and take him home...I don't know! He tried to run out of the room when the doctor came in and he cried through the entire visit, but we got it out :)! Now we can be at ease...

Luckily he is feeling better, he had an ear infection. Mike on the other hand is kind-a feeling better and had a sinus infection and walking pneumonia. He had to go back to work today, and was not happy about it. Poor guy, can't he ever just get a COLD?!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I don't even know what to say ... thank you for the "heads up". Between this and the broken window story, I feel like I may be more prepared for whatever things Pierce will try. And I'm with you, we don't use that word either ... easier said, than done!

Erin said...

Oh, my gosh, gross. Reminds me of when Liza stuck a yellow Polly Pocket high heel shoe up her nose. What are kids thinking? Maybe they're just trying to provide us with a little humor, in which case, mission accomplished.

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...