An anniversary is always a good excuse to take a much needed vacation! Mike and I hit year # 9 last month so we decided to leave the kids with Grandma and try and find some sun! This winter has been long and rainy so we decided to go to San Diego and try to thaw out a bit. We left Friday evening and our flight was delayed and after getting the rental car we didn't make it to our first destination until after midnight.
Where was our first destination, our first priority you ask...In-N-Out! An animal protein style Burger never tasted so good! Eating dinner at midnight made me feel like a teenager again. I felt like we just left a church dance or something. The next morning we hit Tommy's...Mike was in heaven. Then we left for the Wild Animal Park. We had never been there before and it was awesome. We went on the Tour into Africa were they had giraffes, rhinos, gazelles, horned antelope and a bunch of other animals just roaming around 100s of acres of land. It was neat! My favorite part of the day though was probably the lion cubs, they have 7. They were so cute jumping all over their mommy's. It was a site to see. Mike's favorite was probably the Gorillas. We spent a good portion of the day there. Between them and the lions we used up an entire 1 gig memory card. After the fact I learned a cool thing about that park. My grandpa and my Dad built the bridges at the park and also the bird cages. Had I known that before I would have paid more attention to them oh well.Later that night we met Uncle Mat and Aunt Sue and their boys in La Jolla for dinner. Mike's cousin Darin and his soon to be wife met us their as well and we all went back to their house for a little Karaoke. We had fun. The next day of course included Tommy's and In-N-Out. But the other highlights of the day were Balboa Park were we went to the Hall of (boring) Fame, the Botanical Gardens and just walked around. Then we checked out the worlds longest pier at Ocean Beach. Ocean Beach was too trendy and yuppie for Mike so we didn't stay long and opted to go to Belmont Park instead. A little Fast and the Furious video game challenge (Mike of course bet me every round!) and mini golf was more his speed. The day had to end with a midnight milk shake at In-N-Out, a perfect ending for a perfect day. I had so much fun with Mike, we just had such a good time hanging out. I love being with the kids, but it is sure nice to to able to just do what you want when you want from time to time! Sleeping in was another highlight. Oh and taking a shower (a LONG shower) without being interrupted 5 times..."Mommy are you almost done?!" It was a good trip and I have the 2.5 extra pounds to prove it!
1 comment:
Looks like a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment