
When we talk about going to Disneyland, we avoid using the word "Disneyland" at all costs. We don't want to hear, "when are we going to Disneyland?" 36 times a day until we go. So, cleverly Mike and I have been referring to it as "DL" and it seemed to be working. Until the other day I was talking to Grandma about "DL" and Kaylee says to me in her I'm not dumb voice, "Mom, I know what DL means, Disneyland?!" Well out smarted again I guess. We can't spell things out anymore either, Kaylee is figuring it out. Unless we spell it really fast, which I am too stupid to do, Mike can but then again I am too stupid to figure it out. Kaylee and I both are going..."a...t...u...wait what, spell it again, huh..." I think we need to pick up sign language. We try pig Latin from time to time, but we are both a little rusty, I mean when was the last time I spoke pig Latin, 7th grade?!
Well anyway, we went to Disneyland or affectionately know as DL Tuesday and Wednesday. Edson Grandma and Papa decided to come with us which was fun! Tuesday we started off at California Adventure, when we ran out of things to do we went over to Disneyland. Unfortunately it was crowded. We thought we were safe in April...thanks to spring break we were not!! I don't know when we usually go but by far that was the busiest we have ever seen it...I was bummed!
Tuesday night we went to check into our hotel and like I have said before, apparently having a reservation doesn't mean anything. We had a 2 room suite so there would be room enough for the 7 of us. We wanted to make sure that we were going to get our room so we gave them a call at 3 to confirm and let them know we wouldn't be checking in until late. They told us that was fine and our room would be ready for us when we got there. Well that was in fact wrong, they gave away our room and so the 7 of us slept in a one bedroom. Kaylee and Jake with Grandma and Papa and Spenc with Mom and Dad in the living room. It was cozy, but at least we got it for cheap since they messed up! Poor Kaylee is just getting over a cold and her little tired body couldn't stop coughing at 3 am. Being wall to wall bodies, there was no where to take her but to the bathroom, which ended up being a good choice. She coughed so hard she puked twice or maybe even three times. So here we are sitting on the edge of the bathtub leaning over the toilet, I am cleaning the puke off her chin and the tears from her checks and the one thing she is worried about, the one thing she says through all the tears, "Mom can I still go to Disneyland tomorrow?!" I just laughed and gave her a big hug, "I think so sweetheart, if you can just get some sleep." We snuggled in the bathroom for another min, said a little prayer and went back to bed. Then the next morning we headed off to Disneyland and had a good day!
Well anyway, we went to Disneyland or affectionately know as DL Tuesday and Wednesday. Edson Grandma and Papa decided to come with us which was fun! Tuesday we started off at California Adventure, when we ran out of things to do we went over to Disneyland. Unfortunately it was crowded. We thought we were safe in April...thanks to spring break we were not!! I don't know when we usually go but by far that was the busiest we have ever seen it...I was bummed!
Tuesday night we went to check into our hotel and like I have said before, apparently having a reservation doesn't mean anything. We had a 2 room suite so there would be room enough for the 7 of us. We wanted to make sure that we were going to get our room so we gave them a call at 3 to confirm and let them know we wouldn't be checking in until late. They told us that was fine and our room would be ready for us when we got there. Well that was in fact wrong, they gave away our room and so the 7 of us slept in a one bedroom. Kaylee and Jake with Grandma and Papa and Spenc with Mom and Dad in the living room. It was cozy, but at least we got it for cheap since they messed up! Poor Kaylee is just getting over a cold and her little tired body couldn't stop coughing at 3 am. Being wall to wall bodies, there was no where to take her but to the bathroom, which ended up being a good choice. She coughed so hard she puked twice or maybe even three times. So here we are sitting on the edge of the bathtub leaning over the toilet, I am cleaning the puke off her chin and the tears from her checks and the one thing she is worried about, the one thing she says through all the tears, "Mom can I still go to Disneyland tomorrow?!" I just laughed and gave her a big hug, "I think so sweetheart, if you can just get some sleep." We snuggled in the bathroom for another min, said a little prayer and went back to bed. Then the next morning we headed off to Disneyland and had a good day!
1 comment:
Lately I feel like "DL" is always so crowded! School schedules are all over the map these days, so it seems like there's never a totally dead day. Oh well, it's still always so fun! What a nightmare with the hotel. Poor Kaylee, and you too!
Post a Comment