Sunday, April 6, 2008

the plane ride

Here we are on the airplane on our way to see Grandma and Papa in California. It was an ok flight I guess. Spencer has never been a real fan of sitting still for very long, especially for two hours in small confined spaces!!! Do you blame him? I brought a fruit by the foot for him and managed to make it last for 11 mins...if only I had a dozen of them the flight would have been great! Getting the camera out gave me 15 more mins of sanity...not long enough!! The other kids (that includes mike) were fine because they were all plugged in! Mike and Kaylee watched a movie on the Ipod and Jake was on the Archos watching Batman. At least Jake managed to keep his feet off the seat in front of him this time. When we book our flights we always book two rows in front of each other. So Mike and Kaylee sit in front of Jake and I because Jake can't keep his feet off of the seat in front of him. Well apparently the lady at the ticket counter decided she knew what would be best for the Edson family and moved our seats around so we all could sit in the same row. Don't you think she could have at least asked us if we wanted to do that. Oh well he did fine...I think I only yelled at him twice :)! We landed safe and sound ready for some fun...

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...