Thursday, April 3, 2008

and the winner is...

So my nephew Brad, who is a junior in High School, is into videography like his uncle Mike (that's me if you were wondering). My sheriff's office is holding a contest for juniors and seniors in the county to make a radio ad, a poster, and a commercial that is based on either 1. Drunk Driving and the effects or 2. Driving while distracted
So, if he wins the contest, on top of the 500 bucks he gets, his poster will be placed in the Oregonian (the major newspaper here), his radio ad will run on two major radio stations for a month and a half, and his commercial will play also. So, I'm including for your viewing pleasure...The video that he and I made. He is behind the camera and the two actors you may recognize as yours truly and my five year old son, Jake...So here ya go...

Well Brad won! They said he won by a landslide, they were impressed with his work so he gets presented his $500 and all that good stuff in two weeks! Congrats B-rad!!

PS - pay special attention to Jake's face as he is about to get run over!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome Job: Mike, Jake, and Brad! I happened to be watching this when Pierce walked in the room. We watched it 3 times and had a chance to talk about safety ... thanks for the unexpected opportunity!

Unknown said...

Wow I am impressed by that ad. And Jake did some quality acting!!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...