Wednesday, April 2, 2008

tackle

Growing up, an all time favorite game in Mike's home was tackle. So Dad would sit on the floor of one side of the room and the kids would ran from the other side and tackle dad...you get the picture right?! Well this has carried over into this Edson home as well. It is safe to say this is one of the kids favorite past time. The kids try and get the most speed as possible. Which means they need as much distance as they can get to pick up speed. Here they are in the hallway. They would start in Kaylee's room and then run down the hall at top speed plowing Dad to the ground. Jake has no fear and just flies into Dad. Kaylee on the other hand is a little more timid. She starts off really fast and then as she gets to dad she pretty much stops and then tackles. Spencer doesn't mind a good game of tackle either. He is much kinder though, he tackles you then helps you up. He comes around back trying to lift you by your shoulder.

Oh and we can't forget the knuckle nuggy. I think this may be an element of the game Mike wishes he hadn't added. He taught them, after you tackle someone you give them a knuckle nuggy right between the ribs. I don't think Spence's hurt all that much but Jake can really get in there and cause pain!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...