I have 4 sisters...all saints; two of them deserve an award for extra special saint though (or maybe we could call it extra crazy saint?). First there is Deanne, she lives approximately 2,028 miles away from Mom and had 4 kids then had 2 surprises (that makes 6 kids, in case you can't add). Then there is Nicole, she only lives 820 miles away from Mom but she bravely had 7 kids. Well for Nicole's birthday her husband decided she deserved a break and surprised her with a trip up here to see Mom and 3 of her 4 sisters. Well no party is complete without Deanne so Mom flew her here too, well and little Lukey he was too little to stay home! I think that was the first time we have all been together just the 6 of us (well 7 including Luke). Thursday we left for the coast, we had a condo in Seaside. That night we played games, laughed so hard be cried, had a lot of ''remember the time'' moments and stayed up way too late. It was obvious Friday morning that it was a condo full of moms because by 7:30 we were all awake! Friday we shopped and ate and played in Seaside then came back to Pam's that night for another sleepover. Sheri's girls (and Peter) joined us that night for more laughing, crying, games, eating, stying up late...Then on Saturday dad took all his girls to Lunch (Grandma included) and then to the temple. Then by Sunday the fun was done!
I had such a good time with my sisters and my mom. Now that we are all married and have families of our own it is hard to stay in touch with each other. Being the youngest of 8 kids, I sometimes feel I got the short end of the deal. I didn't get a chance to know my older siblings. most of them were out of the house by the time my memories started. So it is awesome to be able to reconnect from time to time. This was a totally spontaneous trip that was planned all in a matter of days. We said that if we had planned this a year out we wouldn't have been able to pull this off. There is definitely something to be said about spontaneity.
I put up the slide show cuz there were lots of fun pics but here is one of the crew at the temple.
Kelli-De-Mom-Pam-Sherri-Nicole..jpg)
There is another picture that I didn't post, that I am a bit hesitant to post on the WOLRD WIDE WEB. It is a bit embarrassing, it's one of those old time looking photos we had done while at the coast. It is black mail worthy...Well as soon as I get it scanned onto my computer, if you are all feeling lucky I will post the thing!
.jpg)
2 comments:
What a fun time!! That must have been really great to have all your sisters and your mom together. If you want to catch up to your sisters you better get going on another little one!!! Hee Hee
How fun! My sisters, mom and I are in the midst of planning just such a weekend, and your post got me that much more excited.
Will you email me so I can be sure I have your most recent email address? Janis Peterson ran into Alexandra at the park and wants your email. I thought I had it, but apparently her message to you came back undeliverable. Thanks!
Post a Comment