Sunday, June 1, 2008

merry christmas

My Christmas present is finally done!!! We had these random little cubbies next to our TV nitch that needed something! I have been trying to get my dad to build me something but with little luck. Then just before Christmas, Mike cornered my Dad and got him to build me these cabinets. The last piece of modeling was finally put on over Memorial Day weekend and I couldn't be happier with them. My dad is the most amazing and creative wood worker. Now we have a place to house all of Mike's snow globes. Oh...I guess I CAN'T say they are done. But that is my fault. I can't find what I want to cover the bottom cabinets. We couldn't do wood in there because of the subwoofer speaker (????) that is down there. We need something that looks good but that will allow sound to go through.

2 comments:

Papa-Yaya said...

Well, it's about time you posted these. JK! They are beautiful!! Tell your dad he is wonderful at what he does, and congrats on the unpainted section not showing any more.

Sarah said...

wow.... thats amazing! i cant believe your dad did those! Ans you have such adult themed decor in those lovely cabinetry... Ah Disney really does capture the art of maturity.. right?

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...