Thursday, June 12, 2008

school out for the summer...


When my alarm went off Friday morning I am sure I groaned a little but when I turned it off it was a good feeling knowing that I wasn't only turning it off for the weekend but for the next 3 months!! I am excited that summer is here, I hope this is a nice summer. I hope Kaylee had a good year this year, she did learn a lot. Her teacher was a good teacher just not the most positive person. Kaylee didn't show the affection towards her teacher this year that she did for her kindergarten teacher. I don't know if in Kaylee's book that means something or not! But I would pick her up from school and she would high five her teacher (school rule so teachers know to make eye contact with the parent and they know the student is leaving) then she would run over to her old kindergarten teacher and hug her everyday before we left. There is nobody like Mrs. McNeel! We miss her!
Next year will be the big 2nd grade for Kaylee and Kindergarten for Jake! He is so excited he can't hardly wait. We had is pre-school graduation last week and that was very cute! He was thrilled to graduate only because that meant...kindergarten here I come. I brought my camera that day but there was no memory card in it...such a nerd!! But lucky for me another mom took some pictures for me. The chore now is to get them from her!
I think Kindergarten will be hard for me. With Kaylee it wasn't so bad. I remember her first day, I had a hard time leaving and then finally saying good-bye I was a little teary eyed. I hurried out of there and then I was ok, but for some reason when I think about sending Jake off to big boy school it's a little more emotional. I took him to kindergarten round-up awhile back, it's just a day to come and get registered and ask questions and all that, and they asked all the future kindergartners to stand and follow the teachers into the other classroom. I have to say I got a little choked up watching him walk away with all the other kids. That was a long question and answer session for me, I was excited to pick him up. Ya first day will be hard!!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...