
Odell Lake is a beautiful lake just about 3 hours from here. We decided to go with the Shultz's this past week on the guys days off. I got home from Girls camp Friday night, packed the kids bags and repacked my bag and by 9 am Saturday morning we were off. We didn't come well prepared...it was colder than we had planned for! Here is our beautiful first morning.

The Shultz's tend to sleep a little longer than our family so trying to be mindful of that I took the kids for a little walk through the forest along the river (Mike and Shawn were out in the boat trying to catch us dinner :). We froze and got eaten alive...but it was beautiful!

Later that afternoon we road our bikes over to the lodge. Lexi decided to puke all over everything in the night, so a little laundry was in order!! Lucky for us or I guess for Shawn and Boni...they had a washing machine and dryer (neither of which actually worked very well though). Here's Spence, he was pooped...

Here is the little lover birds...always kissin' and huggin' even after a night a puke...

We had a fun 4 days. And here is a little history about Odell...My grandpa and grandma bought the lodge in Odell Lake in the early 60's and lived there for for almost 10 years. My grandma ran the little restaurant and Grandpa ran the tackle shop. My mom and dad would come on the weekends and help them out when they were first married. I was excited to see a bit of my family history.
1 comment:
Looks like a beautiful place. I did not know that about your family. Do they still have ownership? Glad you had a nice time. Now I know why Spencer always seems to be sick! Young love!
Post a Comment