Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grandma and I took the kids to Washington for a quick trip to wish Dakota a happy birthday and say hello to some friends and fam. It was a quick trip but the kids had fun and well lets just say gma and mom luckily survived :). Here is Kaylee and Spence kickin' it at Auntie Jan's house watching a movie. They were very impressed that in EVERY room (minus the bathrooms) Jan had a TV.I got to see Sarah, Ann and baby Charlie again. I can't believe how big Charlie is getting. It's only been I think a month since I saw her last time but she is growing...she is normal baby size now. (She was born at 32 weeks...just 4 pounds). She is now 7 pounds and looking good! We spent a day with Dakota too. I forgot my camera that day so the task on hand is to get the pictures from grandma's camera so I can document that day as well. We took the kids to the children's museum and the kids loved it. We spent a few hours there and then went to dinner with David and Dakota to celebrate!

The next day we went to Sequim. The kids were excited because I told them that we were going to get to drive our car onto a boat. Then this giant boat was going to take us across the water. Jake was confused and even more confused when Aunt Jan got into her own car. "Well, why is Aunt Jan going in her own car? How is she going to get across the water?" I then began to explain that this boat was going to take about 100 boats across the water...I could see the wheels in his head turning! This was something he just couldn't really wrap his brain around!

He got it once we got on though and had a fun time on upper deck. The wind was blowing us over but it was fun! In Sequim we played with my cousin Robs kids. He has a 2, 5 and 8 year old so the kids had a good time!!

No comments:

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...