Monday, August 25, 2008

let the potty training begin...updated

Lysol wipes...check
plastic sheets...check
large stack of towels...check
blankets and sheets...check
large stack of underies...check
Spencer's favorite, m & ms...check
Positive attitude and happy face on...check 9:00 am - floor and sofa protected and big boy underwear on
9:15 am - one giant sippy of kool-aid down...let the games begin! 10:30 am - 3 pairs of undies down (good thing today was laundry day anyway)
11:00 am - still only 3 undies down and doing ok. Spence likes sitting on the potty
11:30 am - still no pee in the toilet but positive attitude still in tact "What do I do with these things again?"

1:00 pm - 9 underwear down...I'm tired, not as grateful for upstairs laundry room
1:30 pm - is it nap time yet?...I'm exhausted!
1:35 pm - happy face gone, positive attitude fading fast for both of us

2:30 pm - all underwear is now clean again and ready for round 2 when the pee machine wakes up
6:45 pm - Mom leaves dad in charge and goes to the store.
8:00 pm - Mom returns...Spencer's in diapers, Dad didn't last 30 mins :).
8:15 - Mom introduces new "reinforcement"- little miss potty. A singing, just his size potty. He likes it. Then runs away and tinkles on the the floor but not to worry. He then runs to his potty, sits on it, and he potty's! Faith restored! Happy face returns.
9:00 pm - Tinkles in the potty - 5 Tinkles on the floor - 0

Potty and Mommy winning!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, bless "the pee machine's" little heart.
Good luck!

Papa-Yaya said...

I needed a good laugh!! Tomorrow will be better, or not. Next is the BIG BOY bed. YEAH!!

Jennifer said...

I believe this is call "Junior Olympics"! Go team Edson!

Heather said...

Yea! Mom!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...