Wednesday, September 3, 2008

breakin' my heart right and left...

heart break one...
Yesterday morning before school Kaylee told me she had a bad dream. She then goes on to tell me this yucky dream she had that I am still trying to get out of my head (Indiana Jones induced for sure!!). She said she came into my room and stood next to my bed for a min but didn't want to wake me up. She knew I had to get up early the next morning to get her off to school and she thought I would be tired. She then decided to just go back to bed. She said, "then I said a little prayer and turned on my lamp and just fell back to sleep."
heart break two...
Last night she asked me to lay with her. She was afraid she might have a bad dream again. It was getting late and I really wanted to get the boys to bed so I told her I could, but only for a min. Then she got all teary eyed and said in her sweet Kaylee voice, "Mom, sometimes I wish I was the only kid so you had more time for me." Well needless to say I threw the boys in bed and I then laid with her until she fell asleep.

2 comments:

Heather said...

And I have Mommy guilt for not giving Pierce siblings. I guess the Mommy guilt is inevitable no matter.

Desiree said...

I agree, Kyleigh still has a hard time with Evan, and I actually laid in bed with her last night too, just for a little mommy Kyleigh time. :)

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...