Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School's Back In...

So here I am looking at old posts on my blog and I see one where I wrote that I was excited that summer was here. Well...I'm not sure I need to say much more. School started today for Kaylee and Jake. They were both SO EXCITED. They have been talking non stop about school pretty much all summer, especially Jake. He has been so excited to start kindergarten. Kaylee entered her first day as a 2nd grader. She sure is getting big and old. Mike laughs about how fast the last 8 years have gone by. "Now when we double her age, she will be driving and getting into accidents", Mike says. He says he hopes that she won't be as a bad of a driver as Sarah was...Sorry Sarah, Mike said it, not me. He's just a show off because he has only had one accident his whole life and that was when he had only had his license for six months and he says it was raining really hard and he hydroplaned into another car at about 2 miles per hour. Sure Mike, like it rains in So. Cal. Anyway, school starting today was pretty nice...Except for having to get up early again. I'm not looking forward to the days when the kids have early morning seminary. I thought that 7 a.m. came early... :( I am glad that they are back in school though and ready to learn more and become just a little bit more independent. Ok, I'm not really looking forward to the independent part. I must admit that I really missed Jake and Kay today even though I was glad to get rid of them for a couple of hours. But I do admit that this will take some getting used to again. I miss my little ones when they are gone. Independence? PFFF...
Here is Kay in her first day of school pic. I guess we do this pic every year in front of the tree in our front yard. So here she is...
















Here is Jake in his first day of school pic. Very excited little kindergartner. I'm so proud.





















So in an effort to keep Spence from feeling left out, Mike decided to take his picture in front of the tree also. Different tree, no first day of school, yada yada yada...But here he is showing off his new do. Mike spiked it up to look muy bueno.
















So, here are a few other first day of school random pics that Mike took that I thought were just sooooo cute...




















This summer wasn't that good of a summer though. It rained a lot and was cold a lot. It was a rather unusual summer, even for Portland, Oregon. It seemed to go pretty fast too. This year we only took a couple of vacations and they were all only for a few days, no long vacations. They were also all camping trips too. We decided to get a tent trailer this year to add to our collection of toys that won't fit on our property. Mike swears that he now wants to sell the house so that he can get a different house with a little bit more property. That way he can just get more toys, ie. jet ski's, the tent trailer, another car like a new '09 Camaro or Challenger...Whatever Mike, you're a "dork" as Jake likes to say now. It's his new favorite word..."DORK"!

So we got a tent trailer and took it on a little trip to the Oregon Coast. Here is the Oregon Coast that we all know and love. Rainy...Cold...Mike adds "Annoying". But at least we have this cool tent trailer now to keep us dry and warm. That is a huge advantage. It is really nice, I can't believe how far these things have come. There is a shower and a flushing toilet inside...Two king beds...a double bed...and a little couch that Jake liked to sleep on so that helped...It has a stove...an oven...an outdoor stove...an outdoor shower...and don't forget the table and bench seats inside for eating and playing cards with the Shult's or whoever else we take in this thing...In this case it was Bultez Gma and Kyle. It was a good time all in all.


The new tent trailer in all of its glory...A little hike from the campsite to the beach. Not very far...Maybe a half mile or so!

The kids always find the sand...SIGH!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

You have such a great blog. I hope to pick up some tips from you more experienced bloggers.

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...