Tuesday, November 11, 2008
4 day weekend
When Kaylee was in Kindergarten I think she missed 40 some days of school. We were used to taking off for a few days just whenever. Last year I think we cut that in half and this year we are trying to do even better. So...every time the kids have off of school we feel like we HAVE to do something! For Veterans day they got a 4 day weekend so we went to check out Lake Couer 'd Alene in Idaho. I admit I didn't really want to go at first cuz it was a long drive just for a couple of days, but we had such a good time! It was so relaxing and I think that is what we all needed. Some good quality family time didn't hurt either. Mike BBQ'd two of the nights and we did Olive Garden another so that only left me with one night I had to cook and Mike did all the dishes. It was nice. We slept in every day, took a nap everyday (well not the kids, but mike and I)...what more could you ask for? The kids helped me make caramel apples (YUM!), Kaylee and I did our nails. We all hung out at the lake, went mining for gold, that was fun. We went bowling and found an indoor water park. I thought the kids were never going to let us leave that place. Over all it was a great family vacation! Oh and I almost forgot...the kids got in a few good rounds of tackle with dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...

2 comments:
Looks like a fun trip. When Justin and I were first married we went to Idaho and went into the gold mine too! What fun parents you guys are!
ive never been to oliver garden.....is that a chain of olive garden?
Post a Comment