Saturday, December 6, 2008
It's Christmas time in the city...
So, we went and got the last Christmas ornament for the home today...The Christmas tree. Yup, I had to have a big one again. This one is about the same size as last year and is the same type too, a turkey fir. I still have no idea what a Turkey fir is, but they sure make nice Christmas trees. It is beautiful. Down side? They upped their pricing this year. We got the same tree last year for $37.00 and it was $54.00 this year...OUCH, so much for an economic recession. Apparently they didn't get the memo. But that is still less than half the price we USED to pay in California so...And the tree farm is giving $5.00 donations for every tree that they sell to Kaylee and Jake's elementary school so how can you argue with that? It is currently sitting outside from hosing it down and bug bombing the crap out of it. That's something I learned from our FIRST Christmas when he didn't bother to get the tree shaken or anything and we woke up the next morning, and every morning thereafter for that matter, to lots of little bugs crawling all over the carpet. GROSS!!! Oh well, we learned the hard way, but we learned nonetheless. I'll post pictures as soon as we get it up tonight or tomorrow. - Mike 






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
3 comments:
That is a beautiful tree. I have never heard of a Turkey fir before either, but they sure are pretty. Can't wait to see you guys!!
what do you bug bomb it with.. and how do you accomplish this.. i had no idea you had to do that with fresh trees. We always got fresh trees in the mission field and i never thought about stuff like that. But there were always bugs and crap in our apartments anyways, so we wouldnt have noticed them...
Your tree turned out so nice. We still need to get ours. I hope you have a great Christmas!
Post a Comment