Tuesday, February 17, 2009

back to life...back to reality

Mike goes back to work tomorrow...I am a little nervous about the whole thing. He has earned the dad of the year award these past few weeks. He has been getting the kids up and ready for school. He's been making their lunches, doing the dishes, doing the car pooling, yada yada yada... He's kept the kids busy in the afternoon so I can take a nap...and, now tomorrow it's all me. All me and four kids! The other night I was siting on the couch, Spencer and Jake were wrestling, Kaylee was sitting on the floor watching TV and Mike was on the other couch holding Aubree, the noise level was high and I looked around and this strange thing hit me. I AM A MOTHER OF FOUR CHILDREN. That all of a sudden seemed weird and unreal to me. I can not believe that I have FOUR kids. I knew someday that would be the case, it just happened so fast I guess. Or at least it seems to have happened so fast. What happened to the days of doing laundry in one afternoon? It used to be 3 loads: whites, lights and darks. I could have it all washed, folded and put away before lunch time. I started laundry Monday Morning and here it is, 48 hours later and it is still not done! I think sanity is a thing of the past now. Life just got a little busier!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Good luck with that Kelli!! I'm a little frightened by the prospect of 4 myself right now. And I still have 7+ months to come to grips. You'll do great though, maybe just be a bit tired!

Maughan"sters" said...

LOL a thousand times! It's always comforting when someone else feels the way you do! Four kids took me over the edge, probably because I had them close. I think it's funny when people say "It will get easier!" yeah, if I'm around to see it...They are so fun, but SOO much work. Good luck!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...