Saturday, February 14, 2009

my favorite valentines day yet...

Kaylee and I were on our way to the stake center to find her a jumpsuit for her baptism and I got a little teary eyed thinking about my little Kaylee growing up. We got out the kids baby books this week and were looking at old pictures. Looking back at Kaylee's baby pictures made me realize how much she has grown up. It's weird, she's not this sweet 'little' mommy's girl anymore. She is still sweet, but she is just becoming her own little person now. A little scary yeah!
Kaylee turned 8 in December and was excited to get baptized but decided to wait until Aubree was born so that Edson Grandma and Papa could come up for her baptism and Aubree's baby blessing.
It was a great day, Kaylee was so excited all day to be baptized. She was hyper and giddy. I hope she always remembers her excitement. She had a good day and was a good sport to share the spot light with Aubree.
We decided to bless Aubree at home with all the family. They all came over after the baptism for dinner and then after that we blessed Aubree.
What a better way to celebrate Valentines Day!

3 comments:

Papa-Yaya said...

It was the best Valentines Day that I have ever had!!

Jennifer said...

Glad to be a part of your day filled with love. I want to see a picture of Aubree in her gown.

Erin said...

How sweet. My older sister was baptized on the same day that our baby brother was blessed...and look, 25 years later I still remember it! What a great way to make a special day extra-special and memorable! Congratulations to Kaylee on her great decision.

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...