Thursday, February 26, 2009

On the night of February 26 th, 1999 I couldn't sleep. I laid in bed looking at the ceiling for hours. I was so excited for the next day. The next day I would be marrying Mike and I could not have been happier. We met, started dating, got engaged and were married in less than three months...it was fast but we knew from date one that we loved each other and we would get married and I guess we figured, why wait? Our very first date was ice skating with his friend Brian. Brian had asked some girl out and she told him she would like to double with someone. Brian told Mike he'd better find a date! Sunday night came when I needed a ride home from a friend's house and Mike quickly offered me a ride and it was then he asked me out on our first date. That week we somehow figured out how to spend everyday together. Or maybe it was just more me, but anyway... By Friday, our first date, I was so head over heals for this guy, I was suddenly so nervous to go out with him. But the date went perfect and I had so much fun. Our second date was a fun night seeing Depeche Mode for free at the Staples Center. I won tickets at a stake dance...How can ya beat that huh? I think Mike just found out and wanted to see them for free and got stuck with me for eternity...Ha Ha Mike. Our third date was a fun day at Disneyland (Mike's fav place on earth besides Yosemite). I guess there really is such a thing as Disney magic huh? The next thing I know, it's Christmas morning and Mike is out waiting in the garage with a little surprise...It was small, but it fit just right on my ring finger and the rest of the ten years is now "Edson" history...If I had to do it all over again I'd still marry the bum...I love you Mike!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Arent you forgetting the part where they had to force you not to go on a mission..... he he he. ps... you didnt mention that awesome night going camping with his awesome sister with the singles ward and thinking, "i wish this girl had a brother so i can be in her family"

Papa-Yaya said...

Boy, do those pictures bring back a lot of memories. 10 years! Wow, you have been able to put up with him that long??? Just kidding Mikey, I love you! Congrats on your 10th.

Sarah said...

i bet that made you feel great to hear your son think you are that big and fat huh

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...