OK, so Kaylee and Jake and I have really gotten into Man vs Wild on Discovery. We have been watching it since it originally aired a couple of years ago. Well, now Spence has been sucked in also. It is the boy in him cause he just loves watching Bear eat all of those nasty bugs and animals. So, tonight I was watching one of the newer ones with Jakey and Spencey on the dvr where Bear is in the Dominican. Bear has just finished catching a wild chicken, killing it with his bare hands, and cutting it open to get the breasts to cook for his brunch. He then killed a HUGE tarantula and ate it also...This, of course, has no bearing on the story but I thought it was notable cause it's gross. Anyway...So Bear starts climbing down some vines to get to the bottom of a ravine and mentions the huge trees in the area and how big the "tree trunks" are. Jakey laughs and questions, "tree trunks?" Then he pauses for about five seconds and says, "Oh yeah, tree trunks...Those are what hold the trees up." I just thought, "awesome Jakey, you are so awesome."
-Mike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding Joy
As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...
-
I can't let a year go by and not go see my tulips! This trip was a spontaneous trip because the weather was nice and we're homesch...
-
Oh looky here, a hammock that works. It must be comfy too...nighty night Eric. The second half of our McCall trip was our annual camping tr...
-
Here was the "party" (I use that term loosely). Aubree wasn't a fan of diggin in the cake. She just refused. I don't ...
1 comment:
dude... post soomething new, what are you guys doing ... swimming all day
Post a Comment