Monday, April 6, 2009

The sun comes out and the shirts come off...

We woke up Monday morning to warm sunshine, it was so nice. The sun came out and you could just feel this buzz of excitement in the air. I love that feeling, that is the feeling of spring for me. I had told Kaylee she had to finish ALL her homework on Monday if she wanted to see Hannah Montana on Friday, well that went out the window. There was no way I could keep her inside on a day like this! The second she walked in the house from school, we headed to the park!Show me those bright white skinny muscles boys! These are Jake's two best buds, John and Brandon. The sprinklers turned on while we were at the park; I think the boys were in those things in less than a min. When they were soaked, they decided to do away with the shirts!
I decided for family night we should take a picnic to the park. I sent Mike a message at work, asked him if he was game, and then headed to the store for some good picnic food. I made BBQ chicken, pasta salad and cut up some strawberries...a perfect meal for a perfect day. As soon as Mike got home we headed down to the river and had dinner.After that we let the kids get in their rock throwing. One of their favorite passtimes...I don't get it, but they could do it for hours!

Ahhh...what a perfect way to start the week!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like a perfect family outing!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...