
Mike had an HNT conference in Bellingham, WA this week. He had to leave Sunday (yeah, Mother's day) and he was coming home Wednesday. At the last min he decided he really wanted me and the kids to tag along. The county was paying for food and gas so we thought a vacation on the county sounded great! After church we got home and I fed the kids while Mike packed the car and off we went. It was a good drive, very pretty and I had a very special Mother's Day dinner with Ronald McDonald (no not the real Ronald, just the statue in the play place). While Mike was at his conference me and the kids swam at the pool and played on the beach. We were across from the beach and it was very pretty. We really wished we had passports for all the kids because Canada was just right there, it would have been fun. One night going up the elevator a man and his son were carrying a couple boxes of pizza that smelled YUM! Mike asked him were it was from and the man said, "Oh I got it in Canada." Yeah that's how close we were. This is what vacation is all about, getting to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in front of the TV!

The other best thing about vacation is the pool. They had fun. Here is Spencer throwing them the frisbee while they fetch it.

Hummm...should we go around?

Or maybe just through it sounds better.

OK nobody burst my bubble on this one...I saw a bald eagle 10 feet in front of me. So yeah I don't really know what one looks like, but this was a giant bird (the size of Spencer...not a joke) and it was bald :). I was so bummed though, about 10 pictures into this trip my camera died. I never leave without the charger but remember this was an impromptu trip and I didn't have time to grab things like that. So this picture was taken with my phone and I couldn't zoom in. He was gorgeous. This was as close as I could get then he flew away.

Here is the good lookin' bunch...

In the morning the tide would go WAY out and the kids found all kinds of treasures. Lots of crabs, and shells all still alive. I got a little lesson on clams while I was there. I guess there is a tiny part of them that sticks out of the sand, the lady called it their duck (?) and if you step near where they are they squirt water up and out of this hole. For whatever reason Kaylee was the unlucky one that kept stepping too close to them and got sprayed. Her pants were soaked! Poor girl. Here are the boys with a couple of their treasures...

Fun trip...On the county!
No comments:
Post a Comment