Saturday, May 9, 2009

kah-nee-ta

Boni and I took the kids on a two hour drive to Kah-Nee-Ta. It is an Indian reservation with the best pool. The pool was a comfortable 97 degrees (heated from a natural hot spring) and the air was a comfortable 80 degrees. Ahhh...it was heaven! I am ready to go back...Jake loved the kids slide I think he spent 80% of his time on it...Here is Spencey-do and Lexi-lu enjoying their PB and J...The cute boys drying off...time to go home!
This is how sheltered my kids are, I guess? I told Kaylee this was an Indian reservation and she said in a rather scared voice, "You mean Indians live here?" I played along, "Yes, so look out for them. They will be running around, hiding behind bushes with their spears, chanting and dancing in their leather dresses and painted faces..." I look in my rear view mirror to find Kaylee looking out the window as if in search for something. I think the only interesting thing we saw was wild horses roaming around and crossing the road in front of us. No angry Indians, no fancy head dresses, no painted faces or leather dresses. I then had to fill Kaylee in with a quick history lesson on the Indians and what they are like today...

2 comments:

Kate said...

That sounds great! Where is it? We should plan a little excursion with some of the kiddos in the ward.

Kate said...

Ok...nevermind...I found your link.

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...