Tuesday, May 5, 2009

three year project in waiting...FINALLY finished!

Three years ago the contractor working on our backyard decided to move on to bigger and better things and leave us with this ugly unfinished wall! I have been looking out my back window at this eye sore for too long! (Obviously that adorable thing in front of the wall is not the eye sore...more like eye candy! I forgot to take before pictures of this mess so you will just have to notice what I'm talking about. See the wall behind little Spencey Doo?)We decided to bite the bullet this year and get it finished. I could not be happier with the results...

In the past three years I don't know how many times I've had to explain our "vision" of the cement wall. Every time a new person would come over the comment usually went something like this, "so what's with the concrete wall?"


PS - If you are in need of any masonry work, I've got the guy for you. He did an awesome job! And if Mike just popped into your head and you thought he did this...Well, you don't know Mike very well. I love him to death, but he...hummm...he's not like his dad, he doesn't do PROJECTS.

PSS - any one want that patio table? 100 bucks...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

if you mean that he doesnt start a project and in the middle, decide to do 5 other projects.. then hes probably not like Ralph. Good times! i think we have heard Sandy complain about this for 30 years.

Jennifer said...

I love it! I don't think I ever noticed that it was not done? That shows how much I pay attention to "home" details. For the record, I never thought your wall looked bad. Just your hair. (ha ha)

Unknown said...

It looks great. Love your yard, your little boy looks darling too.

Ashlee said...

I'm pretty sure I didn't even know what you guys were doing to that wall, but it looks fantastic. And really? Uncle Mike doing a project? I'd pay to see that! :D

Kate said...

It looks awesome!! I agree...I didn't notice that it was unfinished, but it does look much nicer now!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...