Wednesday, June 3, 2009

bonding time at the river...

I should let Mike do this post...
A couple weeks ago Mike went fishing with Shawn. When I told Jake where dad was he was a little bent out of shape. HE wanted to go fishing with dad! So Mike decided to take him out and see if they could catch something! They caught 3 trout and Jake couldn't have been happier!! We BBQed them up for dinner and they were yummy! Good job boys, hope you had fun!
So I can add one thing here (this is Mike). The above picture is of Jake kissing the fish. I told him to pretend to kiss the fish and I'd get a picture of it. When he held it up to his face the fish head flopped to that side and slapped him in the mouth right as he was pretending to kiss it, so he ACTUALLY kissed it on accident. And I happened to snap the picture right when it hit his face by sheer coincidence. AWESOME huh? What a good time though. I love takin Jake fishing and am looking forward to many more trips.
He's pretty proud of the fish that we caught so we got a picture of all three for ya. We got two 13 inchers and a 10 incher. Good times!!

1 comment:

Papa-Yaya said...

Nice catch Jakey!!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...