
Our first day of camping at South Beach was beautiful. The sun was out and it was warm. The kids had a blast on the beach. Until of course they weren't able to beat the waves...then they were a little cold! Aubree had fun just lounging on the beach. A real natural.

Our camp site was a little less than desirable. We backed up right to the trees which meant mosquitos! Mike got a quick fire just enough to make "delicious hot shmoes" and then it was into the tent trailer! We went to the store and bought some mosquito repellent candles for Aubree to sit by. She is such a foot and hand sucker I wouldn't put bug spray on her.

The fire situation wasn't the greatest anyway, everything was so damp nothing would light! Mike had to resort to roasting his dog over the fire on the stove...fire is fire, right?! As a kid he wasn't allowed to roast his hot dog over the flame on the stove. He said his mother would always yell at him for it...I think this is a proud moment for him! I resorted to letting the kids watch a movie on my iPod one afternoon. They were getting eaten alive and Mike and I were trying to get dinner going...with no luck. I am grateful for the tent trailer on trips like this.

We tried to be out and about away for the campsite as much as possible...We went down the the waterfront, saw the "haunted" non-operational light house, hit the candy shop for some carmel corn, threw some rocks on the water...

We went to the other lighthouse that only Dad and the big kids got to climb...Spence was NOT happy! It was like Disneyland all over again...you had to be 42 inches to climb the stairs, sorry Spencey-do! Then we stopped by the visitor center to get out of the wind for a bit.

We spent some time at the playground at our camp ground climbing trees and just hanging out. I think the kids had a good time. Despite the dumb mosquitoes it was fun!
1 comment:
I think if I had a tent trailer I'd be a lot more open to the idea of camping w/ a baby. I'm pretty hesitant. You rock! I feel your pain on the mosquitos--that part sounds so awful. Kaylee looks so grown up carrying Aubree around!
Post a Comment