Thursday, August 13, 2009

names...

I have this strange obsession. Whenever I find a street name of someone I know I am so excited and want to take a picture of it and send it to them. I do this because all my life I have been on a quest to find my name written on on of those wonderful green street signs! I guess it actually goes beyond street signs, anything will do really.
Like this store I found in Newport... Spencer Creek we found at Beverly Beach...This was written on the wall of the batteries at Ft. Stevens...This is one of my favorite finds. We are on a hike in Mexico and in the midst of all this graffiti...
I find this, how random is that!But my reason for this post is to announce that my quest is over I have finally found my name on a cool green street sign. The moment I have been waiting for all my life. I have lived here for almost 4 years and this was just a couple miles from my house...who knew! It wasn't as satisfying as I had hoped. Some suggested that that could be because it's spelled with a Y. That is a good possibility! Maybe someday I can find one spelled with an I...I also have a picture of a Jakes Way (this is pre-digital camera photo so I'd have to scan it to show you...too much work!)

2 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

Have you tried Googling a street sign with your name spelled correctly? It's fun to have those pictures!

Sarah said...

ok... i dont see anything in the midst of all that graffiti.. i tried copying the picture so i could blow it up and see what was there... but i still saw nothing!!

Finding Joy

As I sat across from my friend, I looked at her sad countenance. Her dropped shoulders, look of despair & the lack of joy in her eyes. I...